RMS Express Becomes "Winlink Express"
Registration Keys to be Applied to Winlink Express
Registration Key Price Reduction
20 May, 2016--Important announcement about several planned changes in the Winlink system:
- In an upcoming release, RMS Express will be renamed Winlink Express to better reflect its function. To prevent disruption with current installations, the default installation folder will continue to be C:\RMS Express\, and the parameters file will continue to be called RMS Express.ini. No changes will be required by existing users. Simply update your software next week
- Unregistered Winlink Express users will be asked to purchase a Winlink Express registration key for each callsign. If you use the same callsign on multiple installations of Winlink Express, you can enter the same registration key on each instance. You pay only once for each callsign.
- If you've already paid for a WINMOR TNC registration key, your WINMOR registration key will work with Winlink Express. Purchasing another key is NOT needed.
- Registration is NOT required: You can always use Winlink Express with full functionality without purchasing a key. However, if you don't enter a registration key, Winlink Express will display a popup reminder screen asking you to please register. Although not technically a donation, the purchase of a registration key supports the Amateur Radio Safety Foundation and the Winlink system. You should consult with your tax advisor whether the purchase is tax-deductible for you.
- On release of Winlink Express, the price for both WINMOR TNC or Winlink Express registration keys will be reduced. The new price will be $24.00 per callsign. If organizations want to register more than 17 callsigns, special pricing applies. Contact the system administrator for help with group registrations.